Non-Resident Salesperson


IMPORTANT: To receive a Non-Resident North Dakota salesperson license your current broker in your state of residence and your firm must first have ND non-resident licenses.

The application fee for a non-resident North Dakota salesperson's license is $100 with an $8 credit report fee. Submit a completed application for a non-resident ND salesperson license to our office, the license fee, credit report fee (can be submitted with one check) and current original Certificates of Licensure (not more than 90 days old) from any state in which you currently have or have had a real estate license. All applicants must also complete and submit the Personal Authorization for Criminal History Record Check Request form with the their application.

Criminal background check:

Each licensee applying for a non-resident ND real estate salesperson license must complete and submit the Personal Authorization for Criminal History Record Check Request form with their application. 

Once a Salesperson License Application, fees, and the Criminal History Record Check Request is received by the NDREC office a Fingerprinting Kit will be mailed to you, including:

  1. Instructions
  2. (2) Fingerprint Cards

Upon getting fingerprinted you will need to mail the following back to the NDREC office:

  1. Completed Fingerprinting cards.
  2. Check or Money Order for $40.00 made out to the ND Attorney General.


Examination information:

Non-Resident license applicants must successfully pass the state portion of the North Dakota salesperson examination. 

  1. Applicants will be provided a letter of approval and test ID number. Once received they may contact AMP to schedule a time to take the examination.
  2. Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP) administers the salesperson examination. For further information:
Errors & Omissions Insurance:

We will not issue your non-resident license until proof of errors and omissions insurance has been provided to our office. This can be obtained through RISC group insurance or an insurance carrier of your choice.





Original Certificates of Licensure from each state where you are licensed or have been licensed